Tech Support â€” Quick Fixes
Welcome to the quick fixes section of our website.
Here we provide the fixes to the most common issues faced by our customers.
Below we have a list of common problem description with the link to the instructions that will fix the issue. You can also use the menu on the right to go straight to the article you need if you are already familiar what needs to be done.
Vista/Win7 Compatibility and how to reinstall our software: . . . More
The procedure to reinstall the software is the same as making your system ready for the Vista compatible versions. If you accidentally installed a version of the software that is not compatible with the operating system you are using you can use these instructions to remove what is already installed so you are ready to reinstall.
Software installation and Activation issues: . . . More
This article covers most installation and activation issues.
It has two sub articles on resetting your license and foreign language settings issues.
If your primary language is non-European you will need to change your language options
before installing the software.
Also included in this section is an article on installation freezing.
Display issues jumbled graphics etc. . . . More
These instructions cover how to fix things such as text boxes not lining up with their labels. Graphics looking jumbled. And in Star Types the â€”Runtime Error 424: Object requiredâ€” message.
Other Error Messages: . . . More
These articles covers many other common issues related to issues with your machine.
How to Backup your charts: . . . More
- Fixable by reinstalling fonts . . . More
- Runtime error 380 (Also see deleting .INI files below.)
- Get Char Widths or Run-time error '-2147418113 (8000ffff)
- Garbled fonts
- Freezing on a font during software install
- Fixable by deleting .ini files . . . More
- Runtime Error 5
- Runtime Error 6
- Also - Runtime Error 380
- Fixable by replacing DAO files . . . More
- Runtime error 429
- Runtime error 3447
- Class not registered, looking for CLSID...
- Atlas not found
- VSOCX issue . . . More
- Atlas not found and other errors involving the Atlas or database access
- Runtime error -214... Client has disconnected from its host
- Winwriter unable to run reports. . . . More
- Runtime Error 3443 - Invalid database format in Reports.mdb
- "WinWriter has encountered a problem and needs to close..."
- This is usually a rare issue and is easily fix. . . . More
- Runtime Error 9 - Subscript out of range
This article covers how to backup your charts and other settings so that if necessary you can restore them after a hard drive crash. You can also copy the files mentioned between machines after the software has been installed and is working.
Support for old software
Company policy places limits on the age of our software than we can support.
For technical reasons we can no longer support software older than 2005 on windows XP or older than 2008 on Vista and later. We do not support versions of windows prior to XP nor DOS.
If you have any technical issues with older software you will be asked to update or upgrade to the appropriate version of our software for the version of windows installed on your machine.
For upgrade prices please contact Matrix Sales by phone: 1-800-Planets — (352) 373-1504
or you can email us at email@example.com